Sunday, June 1, 2014

Masterpiece Academy Question


I feel that all the students in the class deserved to be treated as colleagues. The reason I feel this way is because the curriculum was set up for an arena of discussion. It encouraged me and my classmates to discuss and challenge each other.  We were also given the freedom to generate ideas and to make gut decisions or comments in class. We may not have agreed with another person’s opinion but we respected each other.  

 

Although not to the extent of what happened in Poisonwood Bible, I saw myself in Nathan. He put himself and his family at risk for the mere fact that he wanted to spread his religion. He was so driven to spread his religion that nothing was going to stop him. I get the same way when I am really passionate about something. That “thing” for me right now is physical therapy.

 

The passion that drives me currently is to further my education. If I don’t further my education I can’t move forward to my ultimate goal of becoming a Physical therapist. That is why I am going to be majoring in Kinesiology at Sacramento State next year. No matter what decisions those around me are making, I feel like I have almost always made the right ones because I am so driven to reach my goal.

 

The thing that made me laugh out loud in this class was reading “Brave New World” and how they went about controlling their society through the creation of their class system. The class system just seemed totally ridiculous to me. They purposely created people with disabilities when they could’ve just created everyone equal.

 

I noticed that most people, including myself looked like a dear in the headlight while presenting their passions. While presenting we kind of fumbled through trying to find the right words to say, knowing we had a class full of intelligent kids staring at us waiting for us as the presenter to paint a picture in their minds of how we see our passion.

 

I thought that I did relatively good work in this class along with my other classes. You can’t really argue with a 4.2 grade point average. This class showed me how important networks are because they not only allow you to reach out to others for information, but for other to reach out to you. Collaboration is a great way to learn because one person can start out with an idea and the other people in that network can add to it to make it something great.

No comments :

Post a Comment