Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A Poetic Inquiry

My Big Question:
Why are people so quick to judge other people? Whether it be by their clothes or the way they look. Is it because they are insecure about their own flaws?
I still don't understand why people still look down upon and judge others, either by how they look or the decisions they make. Everyone has there own look and are in control of their own lives. You don't know what that person has been through or why they made the choices they have made so how can you judge them before you really get to know them?

The Sonnet I Chose:

Who are you to judge me,
Based on the way I look,
Do you always judge a story,
By the cover of the book?
Who are you to judge me,
By the way I dress and what I wear?
Who are you to judge me,
By the way I wear my hair?
Who are you to judge me,
By the things you imagine I do?
When you don't bother to figure out for sure,
What exactly is or isn't true...
That's my point,
You're no one at all,

You judge me for one reason,
So you can feel tall...
You judge me because you want to,
And because it makes you feel better inside,
Because my imperfections aren't yours,
But your flaws won't always hide...
I'm my own judge,
And you're your own too,
So judge yourself,
And the things that you do...
Because I'm tired of being judged,
By people who think they know me,
Who refuse to judge themselves,
Because they aren't as perfect as they could be...

I found this sonnet here: http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/life/poems.php?id=236563

Even though I personally am not the one being judged, I constantly see other people being ridiculed for the way they dress or on the decisions they make. So I thought this sonnet fit my big question fairly well.



No comments :

Post a Comment